Friday 8 May 2015

Design Publication - Tony Broomhead Crit

During my crit with Tony Broomhead, I presented everyone with my two ideas to either focus on music artwork, or alternatively to consider the homograph idea. I took four examples of work (shown below) as I thought these would help me to explain where I was coming from and my main themes in design.

The range of work was taken from the three years, I thought this was important as it showed a consistency throughout my time on the degree.





I briefly explained each of the projects and their hidden meanings or additional features. I then continued to talk about how these linked into the theme of homographs.

The feedback was really helpful. A couple of ideas were suggested to me:


  • Keep it simple, the content is enough. 
  • Consider including a blurb at the beginning?
  • Include examples of your own work - this could work well towards the beginning of the publication to support the introduction?
  • Experiment with text and image, it might communicate more effectively for certain words as opposed to simply just images?
  • Keep it playful
  • Could make a sleeve to place the publication into. The sleeve could function as a double meaning - need to research and experiment with this. - Only consider if there is enough time. 
  • Could base each word loosely on each of your 12 briefs from this year. - 12 projects, 12 homographs
  • E.g: DR.ME = record sleeve design, so record could be the homograph.
I found the crit really useless as the feedback gave me a lot of reassurance in my idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment